As part of its educational seal and institutional mission, Universidad Andrés Bello is characterized by being an institution that generates advanced and impactful knowledge in all disciplinary areas.
This orientation to research has led Universidad Andrés Bello to be recognized by national and international rankings as one of the four Chilean universities with the highest scientific production, which places it at the level of traditional centennial universities in the country and a prominent position in Latin America.
Universidad Andrés Bello is one of only four Chilean universities among the top 900 ranked worldwide by the prestigious Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) in its 2021 edition, better known as the Shanghai Ranking.
The University provides its researchers with freedom and academic space to successfully develop their lines of study, along with high-level infrastructure and state-of-the-art equipment.
To learn more about the University’s research, click on the following link
As part of its structure, the University houses a considerable number of centers and institutes that develop cutting-edge research in multiple areas and disciplines:
- Quintay Marine Research Center (CIMARQ)
- Vegetable Biotechnology Center
- Energy Transformation Center
- Technological Institute for Innovation in Health and Social Well-being
- Center for Bioinformatics and Integrative Biology (CBBI)
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Astrophysics Institute
- Urban Research Center for Development, Habitat, and Decentralization
- Center for Systems Biotechnology (CSB-UNAB)
- Rehabilitation and Exercise Science Institute
- Research Center for Sustainability
- Center for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Theoretical and Experimental Center for Particle Physics (CTEPP)
- Center for Applied Nanosciences (CANS)
- Transportation and Logistics Center
- Public Policy Institute
- Sports and Wellness Institute
- Public Health Institute
- Public Economics Institute